Friday, December 14, 2012

CHRISTMAS BOOK FAVORITES

We get so excited for Christmas in our house, especially for Christmas books! I do really miss teaching especially during the holidays because we would decorate our classrooms and our shelves would be FULL of some of the best books for kidlits! It was such an awesome feeling. At my old preschool we would have a Snuggle Up and Read day, full of books read by parents as 'guest readers', pajamas and cocoa....such a cozy day....something I'd love to do with Kensi as she gets older.

Sometimes when we need a little time out of the house, we will venture to Barnes & Noble bookstore. I have always gone straight to the children's book corner and I love having Kensi now to take with me so I don't look like a creeper! I can spend hours upon hours in the children's section reading book after book.
If you've even been to the children's book corner in any book store, it can be very overwhelming because there are just so many books and you can never know what book is really good until you read through it....or you could ask a book lover, like me!
I've shared many book lists for you and I'm super excited to share some of our favorite Christmas books! I know the 25 Days of Books is very popular this year, and I actually have a couple friends who are doing that with their kids. It's a great idea to introduce new books especially for the Christmas season. We chose not to do that this year, because we wanted to do it when Kensi could understand and appreciate such a fun tradition. And it's not something we would do every year (maybe some would) because after three years, there's no way we would be able to read 75 Christmas books, unless we decided to wrap up old books and toss in a couple new ones here and there.

Okay, now I'm starting to ramble! Here are some of our favorite Christmas books for kidlits, not winter books, Christmas books!
Let me just say again, yes we adore Duck & Goose! The illustrations are so stinkin' cute you could seriously just eat them up! 
We also threw in some of our favorite books about the real reason for the season. 
You'll see me recommend Olive again for Valentine's Day in a month or so....I originally bought this with the CD and had my preschoolers start the CD and take turns being the 'page turner'....they L.O.V.E.D Olive to DEATH! 
All books written by Laura Numeroff are a win-win. You cannot go wrong with her because she is such a talented author. 
Lastly, I stumbled on The Gingerbread Pirates in a fellow classroom two years ago....this book is not only holy cow creatively cute, but it's perfect for little boys!

1. Olive, the Other Reindeer by J. otto Seibold
2. If You Take a Mouse to the Movies by Laura Numeroff
3. The Gingerbread Pirates by Kristin Kladstrup
4. Duck & Goose: It's Time for Christmas by Tad Hills
5. You Are My Miracle by Maryann Cusimano Love
6. What is Christmas? by Michelle Medlock Adams

And some others great Christmas books....

7. Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas by Jane O'Connor
8. Home for Christmas by Jan Brett
9. Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner
10. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
11. A Pirate's Night Before Christmas by Phillip Yates
12. Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Karma Wilson
13. Olivia Helps with Christmas by Ian Falconer
14. The Night Before Christmas by Rachel Isadora
15. Christmas Lights by Marion Dane Bauer


Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.