Wednesday, November 5, 2014

ON HOLD

Like so many moms out there I've struggled with trying to come up with a schedule for our home and family, stressed about spending enough time with our daughter, worried about not having chores done and asking when is it appropriate to ask for some ‘me' time. I've learned I'm also a people pleaser and I spend way too much time worrying about what the wrong people think and letting them get inside my head and being stuck in a rut of thinking im not good enough or capable. And I'm just tired, actually exhausted. 
The hardest part for me is that a lot of this didn't come into realization until my third trimester with this second baby, but it’s been going on for far too long. Looking back I feel like I've wasted so much time worrying and not enough time just enjoying. 
A lot of my frustration came from not exactly knowing where to go with my Etsy shop. I can't begin to explain the amount of frustration and lack of motivation I can have with it. I follow several blogger moms who also run shops and the illusion of them seeming to have it all figured out can drive me crazy. Why can’t I figure it out? Why?
I knew I needed to step back and focus on what was really important. My family. Not my parents, my siblings or my nieces or nephews. My little family. To some that may sound harsh, but I don't feel completely supported by everyone and I can't focus on that. That's what started bringing me down. I sew, create, cook and blog because of my little family. All I want to do is make them happy. I cannot worry about all the chores, my shop or the other blogger moms. I had to step away and refocus. I focused on spending time making memories and starting traditions that we wanted to make, not because everyone else was doing so. I don't feel like I have to share it with the world or blog about every minute of our lives. 
I've had people ask me why I don't have many items in my shop or why my blog posts have been fewer than normal. I had to take a break and will continue to do so through the rest of this year. I'm not going MIA, just refocusing and prepping for our newest baby on the way. I appreciate all my readers who have continued to follow me and I will still be posting. Just stay tuned....a fresh start is coming. 

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.