Wednesday, September 28, 2016

berry puff pancake

It’s not everyday I get up in the morning to make a fancy breakfast, but truthfully...this is not fancy, it’s so simple. With three babes to get ready in the morning, whipping up pancakes can usually be a task and often reserved for Fridays. However, this recipe doesn’t allow for anymore excuses to not make pancakes during the week and I love it! 
I read through a few different recipes I found and made this one. I added cinnamon and next time I plan to add ricotta cheese into the pancake batter, something I enjoy from one of my favorite diners in Omaha, Amatos. Add a few eggs, milk & sugar and you have yourself a one skillet pancake, perfect for busy mornings. 



Together, the kids and I, mixed everything together. This was Finn’s first time helping scoop, pour and mix ingredients. He wasn’t a fan of taking turns and sharing the stirring duties with Kensi, but thankfully she was understanding and let him do most of it since it was his first time as she gleefully said, "He’s just so excited to help mom!” 
Waiting for the pancake to bake was obviously the hardest part for both of them. Kensi constantly checked the pancake by peering through the glass door and let me know if it seemed puffy enough. 
I imagine this recipe would feed several people, but my babies nearly ate the entire thing. I swear put berries in anything and they will devour it to its crumbs!



Berry Puff Pancake
4 Eggs
1 cup Milk
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup White Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Lemon Zest
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 cup Berries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Use a hand mixer to combine eggs, milk, flour, sugar, lemon zest, and salt.
Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over high heat on the stove. Add the butter and melt. Pour batter into skillet, then scatter the berries on top. Put skillet in the oven and bake until puffed and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Slice and serve, topped with powdered sugar, syrup or freshly whipped cream, if desired.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Martha Stewart's Blueberry Dutch Pancakes)


Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.