Tuesday, October 18, 2016

fall favorites

Two years now I’ve become waaaaay too excited when mums hit the stores and I buy them too early. Two years now, I’ve had them die in our heat and had to replace them mid to late October. Twice! You would think I would have learned the first time, but October, pumpkin spice everywhere, cooler nights and warm pajamas get me all in a tizzy. I just can’t help myself, I live for this time of the year. 
Aside from fall florals, we have several other favorites that have become part of our daily and the kids just can’t get enough of them. 

1. Target’s latest line of Cat + Jack has me all sorts of heart eyes. It’s super adorable, affordable and comfortable to the kiddos. I picked up a set of their organic baby sleepers for my gorgeous chunky baby and they are so soft. My favorite feature, aside for the cute gender neutral prints, is the reverse zipper. It makes changing diapers at night so much easier.

2. Finn is totally our second child and because he’s still little he can get away with not wearing shoes all the time. However, that’s now ended with fall and cool nights, so we picked up a pair of black Converse shoes for him. I know I’m biased, but he is the cutest little man walking around in his skinny sweats and kicks.

3. I’m constantly trying new recipes and although I love making our pumpkin bars and apple fritters, I tried this Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Hole recipe and I seriously can’t get enough of it! They’re easy to make and perfect for a morning trip to the park!

4. The kids have loved watching Halloween themed movies all month long. Their current favorites right now are Room On the Broom, Hotel Transylvania and The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Bonus for Room On the Broom....because we also have the book, Kensi loves to follow along page by page as she watches the movie.

5. While watching all our favorite fall movies lately, it’s only right to have good snacks to go with them. We love the mix of sweet and salty and add peanuts to this Halloween Boo mix. It is the perfect match!

Share some of your fall favorites in the comments below, we’d love to hear them!



Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.