Wednesday, November 23, 2016

thanksgiving prep + layered pumpkin butter dip

We've been prepping for Thanksgiving all week over here from making paper turkeys for the fridge to preparing all our ingredients for our favorite recipes. I love this sweet time of the year so much, and we feel so blessed to be able to share thanksgiving this year with my in-laws. 
Kensi has been busy helping me make our grocery lists and even creating her very own. I just love watching her create and write each day! She loves pretending to be a mommy and often mimics different things I do, it’s so cute when she copy-cats my good qualities. This year I’m being brave and trying a new gratin recipe with brussels sprouts. I’m so hoping it turns out well since I'm finally over my phobia after getting so ill when I was pregnant with Kensi five years ago. Fingers crossed, wish me luck!

Growing up I always spent the morning of Thanksgiving watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, excited to see my favorite boy band perform (NSYNC girl here!), but we didn’t ever have a big breakfast because the day was focused on dinner which was eaten in the late afternoon to allow for grazing into the night. But today that’s just not the case. Since getting married seven years ago and hosting our own Thanksgivings or spending it with my sister and her family in California, there are certain traditions we’ve created together that we carry out for the holiday. One of them being breakfast.

Every year my brother in law Gunth makes eggs benedict and Mike makes his frittata. It’s become quite the tradition for us. However, this year we decided to add a crab cake to our eggs benedict because it’s just plain good and we needed to add a little bit of east coast greatness into the mix. Regardless of what we make for breakfast there is one item on the menu none of us can go without and that’s mimosas. They are a requirement for a festive holiday!

Along with a great breakfast I like to have something prepared for grazing purposes between meals. I’m making a pumpkin butter dip we first tasted at William Sonoma earlier this season. I know the kids will become hungry throughout the day and having a tasty + fun snack is a must. This dip works great for grazing or even an appetizer. If you decide to make it, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Layered Pumpkin Butter Dip
8 oz Cream Cheese [one brick], room temperature
1/2 jar Pumpkin Butter
1/2 cup Pecans, chopped + roasted
4 slices Bacon, crisp & crumbled
1 Green Onion, chopped

Spread cream cheese in small baking dish. Top with pumpkin butter, then bacon, pecans & green onion. Serve with crackers or celery sticks.

Wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving.


Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.