Thursday, November 9, 2017

Christmas Book List

I know we still have Thanksgiving ahead of us, but we are so ready to make the house extra festive for Christmas. Plus, now’s the time to start snagging a few new books before the rush of the holiday chaos. We’ve been picking up a few things here and there, including ordering a few new Christmas reads for our book shelves this season. We have a lot of books we switch out based on the seasons and holidays. The kids always have a difficult time waiting for the next season once I begin shuffling things around. Since I picked up a few new books this year, my plan is to wrap them and set them on their wall shelves and we can open a book leading up to Thanksgiving week.


The newbies on the shelf this year are so dang cute and I’m head over heels in love with Pick a Pine Tree by Patricia Toht. I especially love this read because it’s one of our family traditions to pick a real tree every year for our living room. I love being able to smell the sweet pine scent throughout the room and it brings back so many memories of when my family would go hunting for the perfect tree every Christmas. It was always an event and when we found THE tree it was definitely a moment just like in Christmas Vacation, with it all aglow!

When it comes to displaying our books, we often put our new additions in the playroom. I love adding a string of battery powered twinkle lights on the shelf. It makes the whole room feel that more cozy once the sun begins to set. We also place all our paperback books in a basket for the kids to read on their own and we always have a few scattered in each of their bedrooms so we’re not moving books to several places before our nightly bedtime routine.


This year I added The Night Before Christmas to our book collection. I know its a classic and it may be surprising we didn’t already own a version, but the story is longer and I didn’t feel like our kids had the attention span to thoroughly enjoy and understand the story. I feel Kensi is old enough now, and Finn loves to do everything his big sister does. I found this version of the classic tale and we love the illustrations. They’re so whimsical and a have the perfect touch of Christmas magic. Finn has already called dibs on his favorite Christmas book, Gingerbread Pirates. This one I’ve shared multiple times over the last couple years and I’ll share it again this year because it’s just so good!




Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.