Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A MINI FIRST BIRTHDAY

Kensi had a great first birthday party! We started our party off right, by setting up games that all our guests could enjoy. We had Corn Hole, Ladder Golf, an open pool and of course some of Kensi's favorites: bubbles and chalk. 


For our menu we made  everything mini and easy to hold and eat. We served mini burgers and crab cakes as our main dish. Along with sliced watermelon, veggie cups, fruit skewers and a cucumber salad. Everything was gobbled up and we literally had nothing left by the end of the night!
I snagged these adorable metal white sand pails from Sur la Table. I'm always looking for different pieces I can use in multiple ways for parties and serving. 
Seriously, this is the easiest way to eat a slice of watermelon. So simple and perfect for kidlits. 
These cute veggie cups were a huge hit! They are from Pinterest along with the dip. If you like dill, you will love this! Recipe here. 
Our drink station consisted of lemonade, pop, water, Izze sparkling water with juice and beer for the adults. 
Our big hit was our ice cream bar! Both adults and kids loved it, as they were able to dress their own ice cream however they wished. Our party guests had the choice of cone or bowl with a hand stamped polka dot wooden spoon.

 Now to the cake smashing! I made Kensi's cake with a basic French vanilla cake mix and divided the batter into thirds, coloring each a different color and baking them. I used a 6 inch round cake pan which made for the perfect sized smash cake! I love the cake not looking perfect, it gives it a more down to earth, rustic sort of look. 





HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY KENSINGTON!

1 comment so far

  1. HOW FUN!! I love everything :) my little guys birthday party is next month im so excited :) I love that cake!! & I got the same ice bucket from target but the blue one :)!!

    ReplyDelete

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.