Friday, December 5, 2014


Thursday afternoon we welcomed our second baby into the world. I felt big and knew this baby was solid, often snuggling into a ball that sat low as it threw kicks and punches into my ribs and hip bones. I gained about five pounds more this time around, and expected to have a bigger around 8.5 pounds or so. That's what we thought.....thought. 
We were considered high risk due to a two-vessel cord which had our doctors not wanting us to go to our due date of the 5th. So they set us up for an induction on the 4th....seriously? I was nervous about forcing labor unnaturally, but with awesome prayer warriors my contractions started on their own once we got to the hospital and I was already dilated to 5 which meant no pitocin!! My doctor broke my water, but unfortunately that made everything go rather quickly. Within what seemed to be minutes my contractions were on top of each other. Only about 45 seconds between each one, I was unbelievably exhausted. I could barely keep my eyes open. My epidural was ordered too late and didn't have enough time to fully set up and numb me. It was barely 30-45 minutes later since I was given the epidural that I could tell I needed to push. I was devastated because I could still feel every touch on my legs. This baby came so quickly that with only four {very painful and intense} pushes out popped a very BIG baby BOY who instantly peed all over me as soon as I was holding him. After nursing for 40 minutes {super baby, right?} they took his stats that taught us I delivered a whopping 9lb 11oz baby.  Amazingly enough, I didn’t tear. I have no idea how I managed not to, but some of the nurses credited yoga. As upset as I was about the stupid epidural and dropping a few choice words as it felt like my insides were being torn from my body, I couldn't believe what I had just done and was now holding this beautiful baby boy who we instantly fell madly in love with. I give those mamas out there who choose to deliver drug free a standing ovation, you are very admirable...but I wouldn't want to feel that much pain again. Nope! Not even an ounce. 
We brought Kensington up the next day to meet her little bro. Beforehand our pedi suggested we bring Kensi into the room without me holding the new baby. He said she's really there to see me and may feel replaced seeing mommy holding a new baby. Kensi was excited to see me, but also very excited to see the baby. But more importantly she was excited to get a gift from her new brother, a new baby doll. That was the most exciting thing about the visit to her :) and that's okay because she was happy and not one bit upset. 
So today we'd like to introduce our newest bundle to our fam jam.

Finnley Michael
9lbs 11oz
20 3/4 in long

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.