Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday Favorites // Halloween

HAPPY FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!!! I love Friday the 13th and even more so that it’s October for all the extra creepy! We’re all dressed festively today and this morning Kensi asked why days like today are spooky. Instead of freaking her out with crazy superstitions, I shared why I love it. 13 is my favorite number, my lucky number and my birthday (November). It just so happened I also had my 13th birthday on Friday the 13th. It’s always been a day filled with fun and a little extra spunk and today is no different! We’re kicking it off by sharing a few or our favorite Halloween finds...


I ordered these Spooky Finger Puppets for the kiddos after seeing them on Instagram from a couple of my favorite accounts and they’re so stinkin’ cute! Made by one of our favorite plush toy makers, BlaBla. They also make an impressionist set, a jungle set, a farm set and a super hero set that may just find their way into a couple stockings later this year.

I’m a sucker for festive apparel and a few of my favorites this year include the cutest kitty cat onesie I found for Olivia,  and my Boo shirt from Ily. I’m also smitten by Hen & Co.’s crazy adorable and fun clothing items she just released within the last week.


We’ve been baking quite a bit because #fall. Earlier this week we made an apple strudel cake that we were all really excited about and it was so disappointing. The whole thing was super dry and not very good. The kids and I had to make a comeback and made pumpkin spice scones. They’re best warm and so tasty with coffee, hot cocoa or hot apple cider!

I actually found fun monster and pumpkin melting kits in the Target bins last month. We have the Original Melting Snowman and knew the Halloween themed ones would be a total hit. Kensi and Finn love building little characters out of these and often switch and mix up all the pieces. It’s hilarious to see what they come up with. I’m not confident these will still be available, but here is the link for the Original Melting Witch.

Finn is really into puzzles right now and I found this fun (and free) printable pumpkin shape puzzle and this cute candy corn match through Pinterest earlier this week. He loves putting it together and it keeps him entertained.

Wishing you all the best Friday the 13th!!!!

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.