Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Morning Routines

This week has been a whirlwind by getting hit with a stomach bug, cleaning the house and trying to decorate for halloween, but we’re falling into our new routine for this season and I’m feeling like a super mom when everything goes smoothly for the day. I’ve added a few things to our mornings to help make things a little less bumpy and a little more exciting as we bounce out the door in the morning.

I start our days off by getting all the kids ready and each of them helping make beds. Nothing starts a day off better than making the bed. It’s the one little habit that can make a huge difference for the day.  It sounds so silly, but I feel I accomplish more when this happens. As they finish brushing their teeth and grabbing their little tidbits to take downstairs, I throw in a load of laundry and make sure what was in the dryer gets sorted into their individual baskets.


When we make our way downstairs I turn on our diffuser and add in a few oils to supply what we need for the day. Sometimes I add peppermint + orange to help promote energy and motivation, thieves + orange for an added immune boost and support, or if we’re feeling really frazzled I’ll use stress away to calm our nerves. With this I love turning on one of the AppleMusic radio stations or playlists that are kid friendly. The kids have been so excited about Halloween next month and we’ve been listening to the spooky tunes at home and in the car.

The kids munch on their breakfast while I double check Kensi’s backpack and grab sweatshirts for the morning. Usually at this time the kids have a little time before we need to leave and they’ll either venture into the playroom or enjoy an episode of Magic School Bus or another favorite show.

Before heading out the door, I roll our Thieves oil on the bottles of each set of feet for added support throughout the day, especially while at school and being exposed to extra handfuls of germs. The kids all climb into the car and we set off while listening to some morning car jams.

Since Kensi started school our mornings seem to go quicker than before. I can usually get a bathroom or two cleaned, unload and begin reloading the dishwasher or swap the load of laundry around while playing with Finn and Livie. It’s funny how simple little tasks can not only keep order in the house, but the routine itself keeps everyone on track and more calm throughout the day!


Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.