Wednesday, September 26, 2012

FAVORITE FALL BOOKS

Being a teacher I have a couple large storage bins FULL of books...seriously. I started going through them recently and pulled some books out to add to Kensi's ever-so-growing library. I also purchased a few new favorites and we have added a few that were given to us at baby showers. Kensi LOVES when we read to her at night, she is so adorable! When we read and point to the pictures she coos and makes her little noises or better yet makes loud screaming noises and then smiles. Sometimes she'll even fall asleep after we've read a couple books together.

We recently picked up a few books for Kensi for autumn and Halloween. We just started reading them as we welcomed fall in the last couple of weeks.

Duck & Goose Find a Pumpkin by Tad Hills | Goodnight Goon by Michael Rex | The Runaway Pumpkin by Kevin Lewis | Mouse's First Fall by Lauren Thompson | Where's My Mummy by Carolyn Crimi | Ten Timid Ghosts by Jennifer Barrett O'Connell

Here are some of our other favorite books....

Shake Dem Halloween Bones by W. Nikola-Lisa
Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
Scaredy Cat Splat by Rob Scotton
Five Little Pumpkins by Dan Yaccarino
Pumpkin Town by Katie Mcky 
Little Goblins Ten by Pamela Jane


We received The Tickle Monster by Josie Bissett as a shower gift and oh my goodness, Kensi LOVES LOVES LOVES this book!! This book is about a little monster who visits earth and gives tickles. He tickles your foot, knee, tummy, elbow, etc. It's a very cute book to say the least.

I originally had Kensi's books stored in a wire basket and this works great for holding a few books, but now I'm trying to figure out a better way to store/display the rest of her books. Pinterest has tons of ideas, but I'm just not sure what will work best for her nursery...and yes yes I know, I STILL NEED TO POST PICTURES!!!! There's so little time now!



I hope all of you are taking the time to read to your little ones! It's amazing what reading to your children can do for their imaginations!

1 comment so far

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.