Friday, January 10, 2014

GUEST BATH

The first rooms in the house to get a little love are the guest bedroom and bathroom since we are expecting guests in about 3 weeks. I really wanted the bathroom to be bright and fresh. I love using the color gray, but since our walls are already Functional Gray by Sherwin Williams, I don’t want to wash the room out. I am currently crushing on the color citron and fell in LOVE with West Elm’s Ogee Chain Shower Curtain and BONUS...it’s on sale for a crazy steal! I also bought a couple of their Hamman Striped Hand Towels to coordinate with the citron shower curtain. My goal this year is to not be afraid of adding color and mixing patterns....no more plain jane muteness.
Candles & Hurricane Vases - There really isn’t a lot of countertop space around the vanity, so Mike is going to use his woodworking skills and build a ladder shelf. Not only will it be great to store extra towels, but I can make it a cozy bathroom by displaying some candles and other bathroom necessities in some sort of basket or vase.

Art - I came across a beautiful floral Midwest Botanical print from Anthropology and I think it’s perfect for the bathroom not only because of the color it adds, but being from the midwest...come on...it’s only fitting.

Soaps & Lotions - To make the bathroom complete, I’ll stock it up with some of our favorite scents of soaps and lotions. I love most citrus fragrances and it will go great with citron color.


Here’s a sneak peak of the shower curtain and rug, both from West Elm.
I’ll post a before and after photo of the bathroom once everything is complete {decorating-wise}, I can’t wait for the day to rip out the floor.

Happy Friday!
xoxo

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.