Monday, July 25, 2016

weekend in pictures

We only have a few short weeks left before we welcome our sweet baby girl into the world. Our weekends are flying by as we try to cram in family time along with house projects and getting ready for her arrival. I feel like time is slipping away and it's hard to designate what needs to take priority. The kids are over house projects and they just want to play all day long or hang at the pool, but regardless of what fills our weekend, we start every Friday with morning cartoons and a fun breakfast which is usually per request of the kids. This weekend they were all about waffles and I wasn't complaining. 
Saturday morning I was able to sneak away from the kids and have brunch with my girlfriends who sprinkled baby girl and I with so much love by throwing us a little shower. I’m so grateful to have incredible friendships with these ladies. Plus, girlfriends and brunch are a pretty awesome combination especially when crab cakes and fried green tomatoes are involved, I can't wait to throw a mimosa in there next time. 
On top of having some much needed girl time, Mike and I were able to get a date in as well. We don't get to do this very often, but when we do we almost always go to our favorite tex-mex restaurant and eat way too many chips and salsa. We ventured the menu this time and tried an Aloha Quesadilla filled with blackened shrimp, grilled pineapple, crispy bacon, basil & monterey jack cheese. A combination we wouldn't have thought to put together, but it was absolutely delicious!

Sunday afternoon was spent moving everyone's furniture around to their new bedrooms. I hate this part because everything has turned into total chaos and gets messy before it can be calmed and organized. Kensi and Finn were into EVERYTHING; pulling out board games, playing dress up, hiding tools....I was going insane and ended the night by hitting up the summer sales at some of my favorite online shops. I admit, it was my therapy for the moment and I purchased a gorgeous coffee mug from Anthro that will most likely disguise my wine when needed!

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.