Tuesday, January 8, 2013

VALENTINE BOOK FAVORITES


I'm not quite sure why, but I have a huge itch for Valentine's Day this year. I love it every year, but maybe because I'm ready for spring to come around I'm that much more excited about it...hmmm...I'm not quite sure. 

Kensi received some new books for Christmas and of course I have been rummaging through my book bins to pull out my Valentine and love books for her. Last Saturday we spent a couple hours reading through the love books in the children's section at B&N. I fell in love with The Biggest Kiss by Joanna Walsh (linked below), seriously so cute! I also found Christmas books 50% off.....this is hard to come by, let me tell you! Great seasonal books are rarely and I mean RARELY clearanced out! I snagged an extra Duck & Goose It's Time for Christmas for a baby gift, Snowmen At Night, Little Reindeer (the finger puppet), and a couple others. If you have a chance this week, stop in and see if you can find a few good ones for this year's Christmas, after-all you can't beat it when you find them on sale like that!

I still think buying books through a Scholastic book order in the most money friendly, but they usually only have paperback books as opposed to hard-cover. Depending on the book I like to get the hardcover because they last longer, that is as long as you don't have a page ripper!

So here's some of our favorite Valentine and love books...I do say love books because they don't necessary focus on Valentine's Day, but are written about love or emotions and can be used all year round.

Olive My Love by Vivian Walsh
Snowy Valentine by David Petersen
Zombie in Love by Kelly DiPucchio
Plant a Kiss by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
The Biggest Kiss by Joanna Walsh
My Furry Valentine by Deborah Zemke
Happy Valentine's Day Mouse by Laura Numeroff
The Perfect Hug by Joanna Walsh
The Giant Hug by Sandra Horning
Slugs in Love by Susan Pearson



This past Christmas we didn't send out a Christmas card! We kept waiting to take a 'good' family picture, which never really came and then it was just too late. We said we'd send out a New Year's card and that didn't happen either. So instead we're starting something new this year and sending out Valentine's Day cards! They've already been ordered and they're on their way...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!



Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.