Saturday, March 8, 2014

IKEA HACK: STEP STOOL MAKEOVER

I have been obsessed with all the creative IKEA Hacks online, some things I would have never thought about doing. We took a day trip to Charlotte a few months ago  just to do some IKEA shopping for our playroom. One of our priorities was to purchase a step stool. 
We bought their unfinished BEKVÄM Step Stool. I love how they offer unfinished projects, pure genius for a DIY-ER to make it completely their own. 
I started by using Rustoleum's Weathered Gray stain. Between the coats I applied, I sanded the wood down to ensure a super smooth surface. 
Kensi even helped put the stool together before we finished our last coat of stain. She's already a little DIY girl and I love it! With the final coat of stain and a full day of drying, I began to paint. I chose a metallic nickel to keep it neutral and so it can match her bathroom. I debated adding a light pink into my stripe, I still may do it, but it will be later.

I am very pleased how it turned out. Kensi loves using it to wash her hands play in the water. 
This project was fun and simple, a cute way to add color and a little character in your home. 

XOXO

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.