Saturday, March 22, 2014

WHIPPIN' STUFF UP

When I'm bored and actually in the mood to cook, I like messing with recipes. Yesterday I found a crockpot recipe for artichoke dip which I love Love LOVE, but it's usually sooooo unhealthy! The original recipe is made with all mayonnaise & cream cheese. It may taste good, I seriously can't handle how much fat is in there. 
I tweaked a full fat recipe and mixed it up with some healthier choices from our fridge. Sometimes when I mess with recipes it turns into an epic FAIL----and that can leave me feeling completely uninspired from creating anything in the kitchen for a few days, luckily this was an epic WIN! {if it wasn't, would I really post a bad recipe?}  :)
If you’re like me and eat a lot of artichokes, buy them from Costco. They are a ridiculous steal and now they carry them marinated in oil or in water. 

STUPID GOOD ARTICHOKE DIP
makes about 2 cups or serves 8
1 can Artichokes, drained & rinsed & chopped
1/4- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/4-1/2 cup Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup White Onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
Zest of 1 Lemon
1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
3/4 cup Plain Yogurt
1/2 tablespoon Real Mayonnaise {don't use Miracle Whip!}
1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregeno
1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
1/4 teaspoon Paprika
Black Pepper to taste 

Toss everything into a small crockpot and mix together. Cook for 1.5 hours on low. Stir after 1 hour. Serve warm with whole grain pita chips or crackers. 

Happy Dipping!

XOXO

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.