Sunday, April 5, 2015

tops knots and easter baskets

We happily got ready for Easter by filling the kiddos baskets and coloring eggs Saturday night. I think Finn's basket is my favorite basket we've done yet.  We did run into our first hurdle of sharing with Finn today. Kensington was so happy to see what was in Finn's basket and immediately was smitten when she saw his BlaBla Wolf doll. She's not quite understanding that it is in fact Finnley's and not hers and she's totally giving us the guilt trip by asking, "But what about me?" And of course she uses her sweet sad, poor me voice. Little stinker. 

I was so excited about Kensi's basket too and got really bummed out about it 2 weeks ago when her Secret Garden BabyLit book was sold out and we got put on backorder. So instead we opted for Wolfie the Bunny by Ame Dyckman. This book is new this year and very cute. On top of doing a book swap, Kensi's tutu also didn't make it in time. Mama fail nĂºmero dos. So I totally cheated and grabbed one of her other tutus for the sake of filling her basket. She'll be excited in about a week when the real items start arriving. 


This year instead of boiling our eggs I baked them in a cupcake pan at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes. It works like a charm and the eggs come out perfectly. {I suggest doing them in batches of 12 at a time, adding more messes with the baking time). When we were ready to dye our eggs tonight Kensi was over the moon excited. Mike set everything up for her and she was able to drop each color tablet into the vinegar. Kensi couldn't believe how the eggs changed color each time she put one into a cup. A little science experiment. I don't know who was more excited about it, Kensi or my nerdy engineer hubby. 

This morning when Kensi woke up all she wanted to do was go downstairs to find her eggs. When I was little my parents always hid the hard boiled eggs throughout the living room and that was my favorite egg hunt. 
It was so much fun to carry on that tradition here and watch Kensi grow with excitement as she found each egg. She enjoyed it so much she kept a dozen eggs out and continued to hide them and find them herself throughout the day. 
We hope all your Easter celebrations were fun and memorable!!! 

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.