Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Date 3: Movie + Pizza

I’ve been a little MIA this past week. It’s been so busy over here with the kids, Mike and I and the everyday chaos. Funny little side note to start today’s post, when I was sharing with my parents about our resolution to date each week they thought it would be hilarious if we did a post simply saying our date was cancelled due to not getting along and fighting. Of course not marriage drowning fighting, just annoyed enough to not have a date that week. I thought it would be funny too, until it kinda happened. 

Last week I planned to have us make fried rice and watch a movie on the couch, just something simple and cozy to do. I was just not in a good mood on Friday and everything was irritating me. Poor Mike got the brunt of my sass and attitude and pushed me too far with our workout that day. I was exhausted, I didn’t want to do it and I found what he meant to be encouraging flat out nagging and I checked myself out of the entire evening. I wasn’t in the mood to cook dinner with him or even watch a movie. He tried being sweet and made the meal, and even asked me to pick the movie. When I failed to choose one he started one of my all time favorites and I chose to be a brat. I went to bed. I don’t know why I allow myself to have moments like that, as if it’s going to really stick it to him for making me mad. He really didn’t do anything wrong. It was all me. I chose to let tone and words offend me. Worse than that I allowed it to completely ruin our night and I felt awful. Pure regret. I missed out on a date with my husband for stupid reasons. 

The thing with blogging about such things and sharing life with our friends and family is that it’s important to be real and genuine. Our life is not always a bunch of highlights you see on my Facebook or Instagram posts. We are a real couple who love each other, annoy each other and sometimes fight. We’re here raising this little family of ours on our own without family around to help us. It can be stressful. It can be hard, really hard. There are days I’m drowning in laundry, dishes and glitter. There are days I do not want to get out of bed. There are days I’m so sad and I’m homesick. There are days I cry because I miss my friends and family so much it hurts. There are days I long for the opportunity to be able to go grab lunch with my mom, sister or best girlfriend. There are days where I dread Mike going to work because I so badly want to have more adult interaction other than talking to the barista in the Starbucks drive thru. But there are also days of pure joy. Days where I get to experience new adventures with the kids. Days we stay in our pajamas and play for hours and hours. Days that are far too short and I don’t want them to end. We have all these days just like everyone else. Our life and our marriage are so far from perfect, but I really believe the difference for us is constantly praying and looking for the good, the beauty and the joy. Mike and I know we couldn’t do our journey...our marriage....our life without God. There’s just no way. 

I am one very blessed woman to have a very loving husband who forgives me when I’m being a brat and sees past my flaws. We decided to make up our date Saturday night and together made homemade pizza and snuggled in for another favorite movie; Definitely, Maybe. I’ll plan another date to share our fried rice recipe because it’s the bomb and you will definitely want to try it out. 

Lately, I’ve been all about hamburger pizza and adding as many veggies as I can fit, along with our favorite pizza seasoning we found at an Amish market outside of Annapolis, Maryland. We enjoy using naan bread for individual pizzas or we’ll use my sister Trish's favorite go-to recipe for dough using a food processor. It’s so simple and makes pizza night easy every week. 
Pizza, a movie and bottle of wine was definitely a good way to make up for my bratty attitude and enjoy a date with the hubster.

xo

Simple Pizza Dough
2 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
1 teaspoon Sugar
1-1/4 cups Warm Water (105-115F)
3-1/3 cup Flour
1-1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
3 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil

In a 2-cup liquid measure, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until foamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Insert dough blade in food processor work bowl and add flour, salt and olive oil.

With machine running on dough speed, pour liquid (yeast + sugar mixture) through feed tube as fast as flour will absorb it. Process until dough cleans sides of work bowl and forms a ball. Then process for 30 seconds to knead dough. Dough may be slightly sticky. Coat dough evenly with a drizzle of olive oil; transfer to a glass or metal bowl and let rise in a warm place about 45 minutes. While dough is rising, prepare pizza toppings and preheat oven to 475 F. 
Place dough on a lightly floured surface and punch down. Roll dough into desired crust sizes. 
We usually split dough in half and make two medium to large pizzas. Left over dough can be stored in a plastic zip bag in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Pre-bake dough before adding toppings for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top dough with sauce, toppings and cheese. Return pizza to the oven and bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. 

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.