Monday, January 16, 2017

Essential Oils: Lavender

The first oil we ever purchased was Lavender. This is literally the catch all oil. We use it every night to make our Sweet Dreams Monster Spray for the babes. When Kensi was between two and three years old she developed a fear of monsters in her room and would often not want to sleep by herself. We decided to make a monster spray that we would spritz all over her room. After about a month a friend suggested to add lavender to help Kensi sleep better. Lavender helps promote calmness and relaxation, which is perfect for getting a good nights sleep. It’s been three years now and every night we still spritz monster spray in each of the kids’ bedrooms and even in our own. It’s part of our nightly routine and the kids never let us forget it!


Sweet Dreams Monster Spray
10 drops Lavender + 4 drops Cedarwood
🌿
Using a 4 oz glass spray bottle add each oil and fill with distilled water. Spritz on blankets + pillows before bedtime!

Lavender also helps with scrapes, blisters, cuts and burns. When I was pregnant with Finnley, I was cooking at the stove and reached for the cabinet right above and my belly hit a hot pot of boiling water leaving a burn across my stomach about two inches long. I rubbed one drop of lavender oil on the burn (and my stretch marks) everyday. The burn healed and didn’t even leave a scar behind.

I also use lavender as part of my nightly face cleansing ritual. It can help diminish fine lines and wrinkles. After washing my face I put one drop neat into my palms and rub all over my face. Perfect for finally getting a little shut eye, or at least until Olivia wakes up.

To learn more about Young Living Essential Oils or if you’re interested in becoming a member head over to my Essential Oils tab at the top of the page!




Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.