Tuesday, November 12, 2013

STOCKING FUN FOR EVERYONE: TODDLER

It’s hard to believe we’re already in the season to go shopping for Christmas. One of my favorite things to shop for are stockings. In the past Mike and I have only done stocking stuffers for each other, but now with Kensi I think it’s even more fun because I look back on all the different things my stocking was filled with on Christmas Eve. Growing up I only really remember opening my stockings with 2 of my older brothers. We were the last few in the house because everyone else was married and moved out. My brothers would find pocket knives, batteries, Butterfingers, card games, socks and underwear. I would find chapstick, a doll, a CD, festive socks, and colored pencils. 

Sometimes it becomes difficult to find different things to fill stockings. I know for me I hate spending money on junk that’s going to break. There are some things that Mike always looks forward to having in his stocking like the candy cane filled with Reese’s candies because it’s a tradition that he always got on Christmas. Last year for Kensi’s stocking she found teethers, binkies, bows and headbands. I also made her a winter themed tag blanket. She was only 6 months old and didn’t really understand or really care what was in there. She was more into holding her soft stocking. 

I’m really excited this year because Kensi is so much more aware of whats going on, she probably won’t remember it, but Mike and I will. Her stocking isn’t going to be filled with junk either, I talked to Santa already. So many of the moms I know have been gathering ideas for stockings; so here’s a list to get some of you started on your lists.
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |

I strongly suggest a doll or a plush toy for both boys and girls. Dolls are not just for girls. My nephews took care of my baby doll when they were growing up. It helps them learn how to care for a person. It also helps them develop a nurturing personality and teaches them how to be a good gentle dad. 
We’re getting very close to the potty training stage and why not get them excited about underwear that they will love to wear!
Kidlits love art. They love painting, drawing and creating.  So be sure to toss crayons, paint or play dough in their stocking. You can also put in some plastic cookies cutters; these are great for tracing with a crayon, stamping with paint and cutting play dough. This helps them build on their fine motor skills that will later help them learn how to write.
Like dolls, cars and trucks are not just for the boys. Kensi loves scooting cars across the floor and watching them glide. 
BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!

Need more suggestions for kidlits....
Toothbrush
Plum Snacks
Sippy Cup
Snack Cup
Jams
Socks
Magnetic Letter & Numbers
DVD
Bows
Headbands
Ball
Little People
Stickers
Christmas Ornament
Bath Toys
Lollipop
Winter Hat
Mittens

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.