Wednesday, November 27, 2013

'TIS THE SEASON TO BE THANKFUL

So today I was so excited to get more of my Christmas shopping done especially since I received some discount codes via email from some of my favorite stores in anticipation of Black Friday. As I go to add the baby doll stroller I've had picked out for weeks for our daughter, I was devastated to see it's on back order.....until March! I was immediately saddened and my heart sank as I thought about how excited I was for this to be her 'big' gift for Christmas this year. Our holidays are already on hiatus because we're in the middle of building our house and will soon be moving in to it in just a couple weeks. As ridiculous as it may sound to some, I started to tear up thinking about how we're not going to have the perfect Christmas because I waited a couple days too long to purchase this item. My husband saw how upset I was. I was more bummed out than anything. He looked at me and said 'Rach you're missing the point!' He was right. 
I had built up this idea of a perfect Christmas in our new house and this perfect Christmas was unrealistic. He proved his point even further tonight as we ordered our pizza for Thanksgiving Eve. As much as I'm sick of being in the furnished apartment we're in, where we don't have our own furniture, we don't have our holiday decorations or anything else because they're in storage.....he created a Thanksgiving Eve tradition for us. He set up our table for din, gave each of us our drink of choice, pulled out a game of Farkle and turned on our favorite  thanksgiving episodes from Friends. 
In the middle of all this he looked at me and said, 'This may not be perfect, it may never be perfect, but as long as we have us...then it will always be great.' 
My husband completely shook my world today and I'm so THANKFUL! As much as I try to plan, I don't want to miss out on these moments. We have so much to be thankful for! Thanks babe, I love you. 


We hope everyone finds the time to spend tomorrow with family and close loved ones. May you discover something new you're thankful for this year, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.