Tuesday, September 16, 2014

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Another win for Pinterest goes into the books today. Yesterday I found canned pumpkin on sale at Target and bought half the shelf. In need of some new pumpkin recipes I went searching on Pinterest. Since we have a serious weakness for cookies {and yes we are dunkers for that matter} I looked for something that combined the two. This recipe was simple and very close to my regular, go to oatmeal chocolate chip recipe my mom and I have been using since I was itty bitty. 
Since my larger cookie scoop broke a few months ago I used my small sized one and made the perfect sized cookies for snacks and Kensi. It totally made her afternoon and gave me my chocolate fix for the day and satisfied my fall craving of pumpkin.




2 cups Flour
1-1/2 cups Oatmeal
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Salt
8 oz Unsalted Butter, room temperature 
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup White Sugar
1 Egg
1 cup Pumpkin
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1 cup Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixer, beat butter and sugars together. Add egg, pumpkin and vanilla. Mix together. 
In a separate bowl mix flour, oatmeal, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
Add flour mixture a little a time to the butter/pumpkin mixture. Combine until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and scoop dough into small balls and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes.

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.