Wednesday, September 17, 2014

TOO EARLY

Well hello there 2am, 4am and my beautiful restless baby girl who only stopped rolling once I turned on a movie.  We go through spurts of good and bad sleep at our house. The past two nights....bad. I like to think there's some reason for this each and every time, like right now I like to make the weather change responsible, yep it's gotta be the temp change this week, that's the only explanation. But truthfully, it happens every few weeks. Oh wait I know what it is! It's having a toddler {and the weather} :) 
Part of me wonders when we will all actually sleep well again. I know it's not in our near future with the second nugget on it's way. Remember back before kids what sleeping was like? You could literally fall alseep anywhere, have a good deep sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to go? Maybe sometimes you slept in until mid morning on the weekends. Now it's never a deep sleep, you're constantly waiting for the sound of baby steps to come thumping down the hall, you get an inch and half of the bed because the baby sleeps sideways, and by the time 5am rolls around you're usually thanking God it's finally 'morning' and you want to get up because you slept like crap; you're sore and hey you may as well get in some yoga because you'll get sidetracked by the day's needs. 

I wouldn't trade my snuggles for anything, but oh how I wonder what good deep sleep is like...

Zzzzz Zzzzz Zzzzzz 

Oh wait, she's sleeping now but it's yoga time. 

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.