Sunday, November 2, 2014

ALL HALLOWS EVE

Our whole day was busy getting ready for our neighborhood party and doing last minute prep work for our costumes. We started with Halloween themed donuts and coffee that Mike was sweet enough to get at the crack of drawn to avoid the morning commuters. It made Kensi’s morning because she is a sugar-aholic and loves donuts. I’m assuming she’s like most other kids and only really enjoys eating the top with the sprinkles.



We finished decorating our front porch with carved pumpkins and cut out black bats hung from the ceiling with fishing line. We actually had a lot of compliments on the bats and I loved how they blew in the breeze. I can’t take credit though, this was all Martha Stewart, my go to for almost all my DIY. Did I mention this was our first year to experience trick or treaters? I think we were a tad bit excited. 
We did the bee theme for our costumes. I remember seeing the bee hive hair on Martha Stewart years and years ago. I think it may have been the early 2000’s and fell in love it so I had no doubt about using it this year. Her website also had a cute bee keeper how to for Mike which made for a simple costume to make using painter's coveralls and hot gluing tulle to a hat with bees. 
Kensi's costume was kept simple as well by wearing black leggings and a black shirt. We bought the bee wings and headband from Amazon and Michaels. I made her tutu with black tulle and yellow trim and created her striped leg warmers.

Our neighborhood had a Halloween party that included a chili cook off, music, hay ride and fire pit. All the kids had a great time celebrating, showing off their fun costumes and eating way too much candy! At the end of the night they passed our awards and we won best couple/family costume. I'm already brainstorming what theme to do next year! 

As much as we love to celebrate the fun of Halloween, we are ready to pack up the decorations, get ready for thanksgiving and even possibly transition into Christmas a little earlier this year. Afterall we do have a lot coming up in the next few weeks :) 

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.