Tuesday, December 15, 2015

baby on the hip doesn’t stop the dip

Every Monday is our life group night. It's a small group from our church we joined almost two years ago come spring. A few weeks ago our pastor gave each family an envelope of $50 and challenged us to bless someone however we saw fit. Some choose to give it away as a tip, others help specific needs get met like helping pay someone's bills. Our small group decided to bank all our money and match it to spread as much love as we could. After throwing several ideas around we all chose to fulfill angel tree wishes for foster children in our county and make necessity bags for the homeless.
By pooling all our money we were able to bless several people from the Angel tree and purchase quite a few items for our bags. We filled each bag with underwear, socks, gloves, a hat, Chapstick, hand sanitizer, hand warmers, a toiletry kit, granola bars and gift cards. Last night was our night to assemble all our goodies and since it was a night of giving I made a little goodie snack for all of us. 
I’ve been waiting for a good opportunity to try a pretzel recipe I found on Pinterest months ago, but I was a little intimidated because it was a pretzel. I can’t pin point what seems so intimidating other than a really good pretzel seems to have a lot to live up to and I didn’t want to disappoint. On top of trying a new recipe and picking up the house for our group to meet, Finn was a cling on mess. He just needed extra love more than usual and felt the need to be held all. day. long. This made cooking and in particular making pretzels a bit challenging. So with a baby on my hip as I made the dough, kneaded it, somehow flipped it into a bowl, let it rise, rolled the dough into balls and got them in the oven...this recipe turned out good great! My only mishap was with the cheese sauce, instead of adding jalapeño, I added a pinch of cayenne pepper and then I added too much cheese too fast and it became gritty, but come on now....the flavor was there and I was holding Finn the entire time! 
Everyone was surprised by the fun snack and it was loved by all. Yes, I can say loved because all of our friends pinned it later that night. 
I’d call that a success and a good end to a Monday.

Click HERE for the recipe.


Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.