Sunday, December 20, 2015

cinnamon roll delivery

I'm covered in flour, smell like cinnamon and I'm sure I taste like sugar. I've been rolling dough and making cinnamon rolls the last couple days. At our house we believe the best way to someone's heart is through food. There's something so special and comforting when someone spends the time to bake up something delish. You know they really care when they take the time to do so because food is love. It's simple and incredibly heartwarming. I love thinking about what may have happened in the kitchen when we receive food gifts.
Each year Mike and I gift sweet treats for Christmas. We started this our second year in Maryland when I exchanged gifts with my administrative staff at school. Something I didn't expect to do. I was caught off guard and felt a little panicked since we didn't have much money and I needed to give gifts to five co-coworkers whom I worked closely with, but my mom always told me everyone loves food and I come from a long line of home taught bakers and makers. That year I baked so many different sweets and it was a hit! So we keep it going each year with Christmas and sometimes even Valentine's Day. We also try and send a care package back to Maryland full of goodies just for those special co-workers.
We don't go crazy making dozens of different sweets anymore {other than for ourselves}, we stick to what has become the most requested treat. Cinnamon rolls.  I swear the number grows year after year, I don't know if it’s the butter, the cinnamon {I highly recommend Penzey’s Vietnamese Cinnamon...it is hands down the BEST cinnamon} or the delicious coffee-maple frosting. They simply melt in your mouth. I love making them and I love how excited our friends and family get when they see the wrapped pan of cinnamon rolls. This year we made 28 pans of cinnamon rolls. I'm a little exhausted, but it's one of my favorite sweets to make this time of year.
We've been making these cinnamon rolls the last few years and this year I think I figured out the packaging. I used a white cloth napkin {I found mine at Hobby Lobby in the crafting section with t-shirts, bags, hats, etc.} and lots of fun ribbon and yarn. Kensi and I spent one night on the couch making pom poms and they are the perfect pop of festive colored fun for each package. I love the mix up of bright colors and traditional red and green. It makes the packaging young and fun, especially with purple glittered ribbon, courtesy of Kensi.

Once everything was wrapped up, Kensi loaded up our wagon and pushed it up and down the street, eager to ring each doorbell while trying not to knock over Christmas decorations. We may or may not have knocked over two or three mini Christmas trees. Shhhh! We had so much fun delivering our sweet treats and wish our neighbors a Merry Christmas and we hope everyone enjoys them again this year!

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.