Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Outdoor Living Inspiration

Mike and I are excited to show a little more love to our backyard this year. If you’ve been following us you may remember when we moved in our back yard was only dirt. Since then, we’ve added sod, a privacy fence, garden, fire pit and a playset for kids. We love spending time outside and we’re happiest when at home and want to create an outdoor space we love to be in. 

Right now we’re in the brainstorming stages of this project. We’ve discussed adding a screened in porch which could be used all year round, a pergola, or a deck. Whatever we decide to do we want a space for lounging and entertaining and a space for the kids to play. I’ve been pinning several different ideas on Pinterest and you can follow my outdoor living board HERE. I’m really crushing on these covered spaces to protect us from the hot summer sun and loving the black/white/natural wood color combos.

\\ source \\

\\ source \\


\\ source \\

I love all the modern vertical lines mixed with warmer elements such as the brick and soft wood tones. It’s a perfect combination for us and what we’re hoping to achieve. One must have is string lights! We need lighting in the back and string lights add the coziest touch to an outdoor space. I can’t wait for Mike and I to begin creating a beautiful outdoor space. 



Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.