Tuesday, March 12, 2013

HOW TO: VINTAGE MIRROR REVAMP

In an earlier post, I talked about how we found this grungy, old, gross, gaudy, gold mirror at one of my parents rental properties that was left behind. Everyone thought I was crazy for wanting to keep it, but I thought it would be perfect in Kensi's nursery....and it is. 

I started by cleaning up the mirror with a little soapy water to remove all the dirt and cobwebs. 
Once it was completely dry, I cut a piece of parchment paper to cover the glass mirror and stuck it on with double sided tape. 
I used Rust-Oleum White Indoor/Outdoor Spray Paint found at Lowes and went to town on the mirror. Make sure you do this outside if possible because the fumes are deadly! Allow each coat to dry before adding another.
I did three coats because there were so many little nooks and crannys.
Once everything was dry, remove the paper and use a razor blade to scrape off any paint that may have bled past the paper.
Clean the mirror with a window cleaner and you're done!


Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.