Monday, March 18, 2013

SPRING FEVER

As I'm sitting in our sunroom, completely surrounded by windows, I see a beautiful blue sky and birds chipping away at some sunflower seeds, all I can think about is this deceiving weather just urks me! 
Is anyone else wondering where the heck spring is???? I swear that dumb groundhog on Febr. 2nd gets it wrong every single year! Here in Nebraska we know to expect the unexpected with our weather, but I feel as if this March has been one big tease! We literally went from beautiful spring like days straight into a snowstorm overnight, that was not expected, back to a beautiful day and now we are just stuck in this awful windy cold grossness! I know they say March is "in like a lion, out like a lamb", well I'm ready for my lamb now...like right now!
The one bad thing about my spring fever really affects our bank account. I love shopping for new spring dresses and now with Kensi...let's just double that! I know as she grows, she's going to love clothes and dressing up probably more than I did and I say that as I'm watching her try and put one her headbands on Stella's (our dog) head. Although, Kensi does have many days where she would just prefer to only be in a diaper, no diaper if she could really have her way. 
The truth about my spring fever is this....
Yes I love shopping for spring clothes, but it's way deeper than that. I have the fever to workout outside, go for walks and runs, take Kensi to the park and pack picnics for dinner. 
I'm so anxious to grill outside and I have a ton of recipes to share with you in regards to that. I can't wait to start our garden, which we've been planning for the last several months. I adore spring cleaning. I really do. I can't wait to open the windows and let the fresh air flow through the house. I'm even more excited for farmer's markets and buying fresh flowers. But most of all, I can't wait to put my toes in the cool green grass!
Please spring....come soon!

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.