Wednesday, March 27, 2013

CORNED BEEF AND VEGGIES


Every year I toss the corned beef into my crockpot, throw in some potatoes and cabbage and cover it with beer. I like corned beef, but it's alway so salty and I find myself making this only once a year. This year I decided to search for a recipe and I found this one on allrecipes.com. 
This will now be my corned beef recipe. It wasn't nearly as salty as it usually is and I found myself eating it for lunch and dinner the next day.

Corned Beef & Veggies
4 1/2 lbs Corned Beef Brisket
5 Black Peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Onion, peeled and cut in half
2 Bay Leaves
1 pinch of Salt
1 small head of Cabbage, cored and cut into wedges
6 large Potatoes, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
4 large Carrots, sliced
1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 bottle of Dark Beer
Water

Using a CrockPot, place the beef brisket, peppercorns, garlic powder, onion, bay leaves, salt, potatoes and beer inside. Use water to cover the rest of the meat. Set CrockPot on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. In the last hour toss in carrots and cabbage. 
When meat is done and carrots are fork tender, remove the meat and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice the meat against the grain. I like to put the meat back inside the crockpot. Add the butter and parsley and serve! It's best with a cold one ;) 

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.