Tuesday, November 24, 2015

thanksgiving menu


I'm so pumped for thanksgiving this week. This is the first year I actually feel I have a grip on it because I prepped everything. Starting Monday, I peeled and cut all the potatoes and let them sit in a bath of salted water in the fridge overnight. This morning I boiled them off and assembled everything. The ham and turkey have been thawed and the turkey is cozy in the fridge with a dry brine. All the veggies are chopped and ready to go for the other dishes. I'm such a procrastinator, this is just crazy!
The last two thanksgivings have been duds for us. I don't know what our deal was, maybe it was because we weren't with our AZ fam because we can usually rock it out when we celebrate Thanksgiving together, but everything was just blah. My attempt to fix it for this year started weeks ago and I scraped everything we've done in the past and trying all new recipes. It may sound a bit risky, but I'm confident in what I've chosen for our fam. Here's our menu for tomorrow, we kept it simple and classic.

| Potatoes | Cornbread Dressing | Rosemary Dinner Rolls | Ginger-Cider Cheesecake |


The herb butter is sooooo good. We’re following my sis and brother in law this year for their turkey recipe and they had the bright idea of using this butter for the turkey {rub it under the skin and all the nooks and crannies}. We first had this last Christmas when my brother in law made it and served in on top of steaks. Ridiculous! We’ve added it to mashed potatoes and green beans. It’s so divine it can literally go on anything.

Herb Butter
8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, 1 stick at room temperature
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs; parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, and basil
1 Shallot, minced fine as dust
1-1/2 teaspoons Cracked Black Pepper
1-1/2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar

Place butter in a large bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or whisk until light and creamy. Beat in the herbs, shallot, cracked pepper and vinegar. 
Place mixed butter onto plastic wrap and roll into a log. Place in refrigerator until firm. Slice and serve.

Once I was done prepping today, Mike came home early. The kiddos were so excited to see him and even more excited our weekend begins tomorrow with daddy. Before the sun went down we all spent some time outside. It was so chilly and called for hats and coats. Finn loves to take his hat off any chance he gets and Kensi loves to by his second mom and put it back on. Such a bunch of goof balls. Love them to pieces!





Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Eve here....eek! I'm so excited and so thankful!

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.