Sunday, June 1, 2014

PARTY OF 4!

We are so excited to become a party of 4 at the end of the year!!!!

If you follow me on Instagram you may have caught my post with the following photo several weeks ago....but the truth of the matter is this all started last fall. 
Mike and I were getting closer to our 'plan to conceive' timeline. As we got closer, I became scared. My fear of having a second baby and living away from family got the best of me. I was convincing myself that I only wanted one child because I wouldn't be able to handle it. I am so thankful for my WTE June 2012 Moms board; the day I felt most defeated a fellow mom posted a beautiful article from My Child I Love You blog about taking the leap of having more children and leaving the fear behind. Another mom later posted Psalms 127: 3-5 (MSG) which says....
Dont you see that children are Gods best gift? The fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Like a warriors fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children! Your enemies dont stand a chance against you; youll sweep them right off your doorstep.
I knew God was telling me not to stay paralyzed by that fear and that He has great plans for our family. With an uplifted spirit we decided to try and conceive our second baby. 


The words from my Instagram post really spoke to me and Mike at the time because we were feeling so defeated trying to conceive. Almost everyone we know said or made it seem that planning for your second was easy as pie. We hadn't heard of any struggles and we thought we would try in November and have our babies just over two years apart. We were planning it and thought it would happen that way because we wanted it to. After November and December went by and still no positive pregnancy test we decided to try ovulation tests which are over 99% accurate. I took two rounds of tests the month of January and never had a positive test. In February I started another set of ovulation a tests. By the middle of this Mike and I realized we were saying we were giving it to God, but we really didn't. We were doing everything we could to try and control the situation and it wasn't working. Where did our faith go? It was gone. After a long chit chat about how to bring Him back into this specific situation we decided to throw out the remaining ovulation tests. 
February 28 came and I started my cycle, but this time it was different. I was late, but experienced cramping a couple days leading up to the 28th. Once my cycle started it knocked me off my feet, but I didn't think too much about it. 
April first came and I was two days late and decided to take a test. I don't know why I was as surprised as I was, but we had a positive pregnancy test! Kensi and I met Mike for lunch that afternoon and I told him I had to show him this crazy picture. I gave him my phone with a photo of our positive test, he looked up at me and asked 'is this ours? Are you kidding me?!' It wasn't until later that night we both realized it was April Fools too. I assured the Hubster I wasn't kidding, if it's a joke then it's being played on us by God. 
We had our first ultrasound around 10 weeks and I can't believe how big our little jelly bean is already! 

I forgot how tired the first trimester can make you feel. I felt unmotivated and somewhat pathetic because I was not functioning like I normally do. Hence, why there have been fewer posts and nothing new on Etsy. Kensi has been a trooper and so has Mike. I am beyond grateful to have so much support from them. 

It feels surreal to be pregnant again, but we are over the moon excited to add another babe to our family. Kensi understands we have a baby growing in my tummy and every morning she kisses and hugs my belly. She knows the baby is teeny tiny and shows us with her fingers. We know she's going to be an incredible big sister and a great helper. 
We can't wait for December, a perfect little festive holiday baby!!!

-----------------------------------
When I started our blog I was 4 months pregnant with Kensi and didn't post much about my growing bump. We are excited to share with family and friends on here this time around. We're using our newly painted chalkboard wall to help us document every week or so and by the end we'll use our photos to create a beautiful pregnancy journal for the baby just as we did for Kensington! 

We are so excited and what a way to kick off June!




Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.