Monday, June 23, 2014

GRANOLA MAMA

As I'm typing I'm sitting on my kitchen floor listening to Kensi's show and I'm inhaling the sweet aroma of cinnamon granola. To me nothing is better than cinnamon. It hits that spot in my heart that just screams fall and winter, everything I absolutely love. 
My sister Trish shared this delicious granola recipe with me a couple years ago and it's like Christmas morning every time I make it. We love eating by the handful, with milk, yogurt and even on ice cream. 
I love this recipe because you can add different spices to change it up a bit; like pumpkin spice, nutmeg or even apple pie  spice. Yum!

Trish's Cinnamon Granola
3 Tablespoons Flax Seeds
2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
1 Tablespoon Wheat Germ
4 cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal
1 cup Nuts {chopped or sliced}
1 cup Unsweetened Coconut
1 cup Powdered Milk
1 cup Honey
1 cup Olive Oil
1 teaspoon each of Salt, Cinnamon & Vanilla Extract

Mix everything together in a large bowl and pour out into a large rimmed cookie sheet in a single layer. 
Bake at 300 degrees F for 30- 40 minutes
Let cool and break into chuncks. Store in an airtight container. 

Enjoy! 



Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.