Wednesday, October 16, 2013

OCTOBER BABY: HALLOWEEN BOOKS


Kensi's library is always growing. We are very grateful we can provide her with books to help her learn, imagine and eventually read. I rotate her books out every month or so to add new material and to avoid boredom. The last couple weeks her basket has been filled with Halloween related books. Last year she had two books in this category, but she was also four months old. This year we've added a few more, some new and some old. 
Her favorite books to read over and over are Goodnight Goon by Michael Rex and The Haunted House by Walt Disney Productions. The Disney book was mine, wait....it was actually my brothers and sisters book when they were little, then it passed to me. I've read it so many times to my nieces and nephews and once Kensi found it I laughed because honestly, I'm kinda sick of reading it. But she loves it and if it helps her fall in love with books, then I don't have a problem reading it for the millionth time. I'm actually surprised our book is in as good of condition as it is because it's been used so much. 
We did get Room on the Broom this year at Barnes and Noble because they had a deal going on with it, this book is seriously so STINKIN' cute! It's a little long, but Kensi actually sits and listens to the entire book and finds it hilarious when I try and read it super fast. It's all rhyme and she thinks its just so funny when I get tongue tied.
Where's Kensi? 

If you ask me which of her books are my favorite it would be The Monsters' Monster by Patrick McDonnell. I love the monster book because it shows not all monsters are scary, throws in some manners and the best part is that they eat donuts at the beach, which is what we do! So it pulled at a heartstring and I wasn't about to leave without our newly loved monster donut book.

Other books we have and/or recommend for toddlers...

5 Little Pumpkins 
{No need to buy the book the poem is online}
Click, Clack, Boo! by Doreen Cronin & Betsy Lewin
Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds {better for 3 years +}
Duck & Goose Find a Pumpkin by Tad Hill
Ghosts in the House by Kazuno Kohara
Go Away Big Green Monster by Ed Emberly
Halloween by Aaron Frisch
Halloween Hustle by Charlotte Gunnufson
Little Goblins 10 by Pamela Jane
Ollie's Halloween by Olivier Dunrea
Spooky: Bright Baby Touch and Feel
The Spooky Smells of Halloween
The Spooky Wheels on the Bus by Ben Mantle
Where's My Mummy by Carolyn Crimi
Who's There Little Hoo? by Brenda Ponnay



Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.