Tuesday, October 29, 2013

OCTOBER BABY: KC WEDDING

This past weekend we spent time celebrating my nephew TJ and his now wife Carolyn in Kansas City. They were married Saturday and we love the date 10.26 because Mike and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary of being together. I’ve been a little anxious about this weekend for some time for a couple reasons 1) I had to do a reading for the wedding and although it was great I was a nervous wreck just with my simple fear of public speaking, but all went very well! 2) As every family has its issues, we do too and we were all going to be together and it’s been awhile since we’ve all been together, but it all went very well! 
Mike’s family even made the trip to see us and I know it meant a lot to him. We haven’t seen most of our family since we moved at the end of July.
 Kensi was very excited to see everyone; I know my parents {my dad especially} thought she wouldn’t remember who they were, but we talk about everyone all the time and we’re not about to let her forget anyone! As soon as she saw my parents and Mike’s parents she said “Gamma!” & “Gampa!” Needless to say, my dad was very very excited!
After a very busy few days celebrating for the wedding, we decided to stay an extra day to celebrate my nephew Colton’s 11th birthday. We stayed the night at The Great Wolf Lodge and of course the kids went wild, including Kensi. 
Colton convinced me to ride an enclosed water slide with him and Mike, which took some convincing since I hate being enclosed. The little booger tricked me and sent me on the pitch black enclosed slide.....I was not happy, but as soon as we were done and he knew I was upset he just looked at me and said, “Come on, it was fun right?” And yes it was. 
Kensi loved the water and dunked herself quite a few times and kept going back for more. I think she’s definitely part fish. 
The weekend was a hit, the weather was gorgeous with all the beautiful confetti colored leaves falling to the ground, we were so excited to see family and they were happy to see us too. The wedding was beautiful and elegant, perfect for TJ and Carolyn....I really don’t think I could have asked for a better weekend.....oh wait, I can...sleep would have been nice!
Living in a hotel for even a few short days absolutely sucks with a 16 month old. Not only was her schedule completely thrown off, she didn’t want to miss out on anything and refused. to. sleep. the. whole. time.
Needless to say when we came home late Monday night, we all slept in on Tuesday until around 10. Talk about catch up! I can’t even remember the last time I slept in that late! 

Post a Comment

Sprinkles On Top © . Design by FCD.